Applications will be processed and you will be issued an SCGA member number the following month.
The Seacoast Cup Tournament Committee has instituted the following playing format. Depending on the size of the field of players, the playing field will be divided in the "A", "B" and "C" Flights. Flights of players will be determined by player's official monthly golf index and golf course handicap. Each flight will consist of 6-12 players of similar playing ability. For example:
Flight "A" Handicap - 0-13
Flight "B" Handicap 14-20
Flight "C" Handicap 21 -36
This format will allow the playing field to compete in "Gross" stroke play against players of similar playing ability. For "Net" scoring there will be no flights as the net scores will be compared with the full field of players.
Players with no official monthly golf index will be placed in a flight that meets their golf skill. They do not qualify for "Net" scoring. Those players who play without an official golf index will earn a max of 5 points for participation, and their gross scores will be entered as a "net" score when compared against the field of players.
Players will additionally earn points in monthly events in the following categories:
1. Pin Competition (5 points) - Closest to the pins on par 3's / Longest Drives
2. Net Skins - (5 points) - a net score which is the sole lowest score on a given hole amongst the field of players
3. Best Nine (5 points) - lowest gross score front and back 9
4. Team Competition - (10 points) - Each team member earns this amount of points if team play challenges are instituted for the given event.
5. Match Play Competition (10 points) - Winners of card off match play will earn points.
Totals for each player who participates this year will be posted on the Leaderboard sheet each month.
Our Handicap Committee has had a few meetings in regards to our club members and playing participants monthly indices. Some of the agenda items that we discussed were:
1. Player's posting of scores - it is your responsibility, and in the fairness and in keeping with the integrity of the game that you maintain an up to date and accurate recording of your SCGA member scores. Scores should be posted within 24 hours of play. Remember you can post at the course or on the internet at: www.ghin.com or www.scga.org. If you have any questions regarding how to post and where to post, please contact Curtis. Players who do not post properly or do not followi the rules of the posting score system as required by the USGA / SCGA will be subject to "penalty" rounds posted to their golf handicap scores. For further info visit: Handicap
2. Outside club players - the committee has decided that all players who desire to accumulate points in the "Seacoast Cup Points" must have an affiliate club (Seacoast Christian GG) membership. The cost of membership is $40.
3. Those players who participate with our club who do not have an affiliate club membership will be given until Feb 28, 2013 to join our club if so desired. Any outside player of the Seacoast Christian Golf Club, will be subject to have their handicap / index adjusted as found appropriate by the Handicap Chair. Guest players who have an existing SCGA membership with another club may participate but if they participate in more than 3 events with our club, they are no longer given "guest" status.
Remember - Post all your scores !